Sunday, July 11, 2010

Raspberries!!

My parents own some land that has trees, wild roses--which are a lot less pretty and a lot more irritating than they sound--and a lot of black raspberries.  The first discovery of them was before a lot of the space between the trees was cleared, when we were walking around the edge of the tilled fields.  My mom concluded that she hoped there would be enough raspberries for a pie.

Once we ventured deeper into the tree area, we started finding more and more berry bushes.  This was years ago--about 6 now, I think--and since then there hasn't been a year when we picked fewer than 10 gallons of berries.  My mom and I split them, usually, and the majority of mine turn into canned goods.  Those that don't get crushed into jam or juiced into jelly get baked into other things.  The recipes that can be--meaning those I made up--are included here.

No comments:

Post a Comment