Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pizza Pasta

I had a lot of odds and ends in the refrigerator, which means casserole night.  This one came out well and, bonus, took some of the CSA ingredients I had floating around.  Anything that involves a topper of browned cheese, I like. (A note about the pictured bakeware: I love this baking dish.  It is the perfect size for casseroles, it heats evenly, it cleans easily, and it is pretty.  I have it in blue, since it matches my dishes, and it can be found at this link Le Creuset Stoneware 11-1/2-Inch Oval Baking Dish, Cobalt Blue)

Serves 3-4

2 cups pasta (I used mini wheels)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 14 oz can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
1/2 cup cut up pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
1 cup pizza cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, removing from heat and draining a few minutes before pasta tests done.  Pour into greased casserole dish and set aside.
2. Saute garlic and green onion in butter until soft.  Toss with pasta in casserole dish.  Add mushrooms, tomato sauce, oregano, and pepperoni.  Stir well and smooth top.  Sprinkle cheese evenly over casserole.
3. Bake casserole in 350 degree oven until bubbly and brown.  Let set 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment