Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheese Grits

I love grits.  They aren't real common where I live, but at least once a summer I like to make them for dinner.  The instant ones are OK, but I always think that homemade are better.  These don't have eggs and aren't baked, so they are more dense and--I think--have a better texture.

Serves 4

1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1 cup grits (they might be labeled polenta)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

1. In small saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil over medium heat.  Stir in grits and garlic salt.  Still over medium heat, cook and stir grits for 5 minutes or until thick.  Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cheese and mix to melt.  Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment