Thursday, July 15, 2010

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

When I was in college, they served these fantastic peanut butter cookies with cornflakes.  They were vegan and therefore very popular in my school.  Years later, I still thought about the cookies.  This week I decided to try making them myself.  I think these are pretty close to what I remember, meaning delicious.

Makes about 30 cookies

4 cups cornflakes, slightly crushed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Dash salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Measure cornflakes into a large heatproof bowl.  Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar and corn syrup.  Place saucepan on medium heat and stir until mixture bubbles consistently.  Remove from heat.
3. Immediately stir peanut butter into sugar/syrup mixture.  Stir until peanut butter is melted and incorporated.  Stir in salt and vanilla.  Pour over cornflakes and stir to incorporate.
4. Working quickly, spoon mixture into mounds on waxed paper.  I used a scoop that is about 3 tablespoons.  Let cookies cool before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment