Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lime Cilantro Grilled Chicken

The CSA provided me cilantro last week and the mojito cupcakes left me with limes, so I decided to figure out a way to use them.  We like to grill a lot in the summer, so I thought I would try to make a marinade out of them.  I was actually impressed with how well it grilled up and tasted.  I made this with chicken, but it would also probably be good on fish. (A note about making this marinade: I used my chopper to make this marinade and it took about 5 minutes. The chopper I like can be found here: KitchenAid KFC3100OB Chef Series 3- Cup Food Chopper, Onyx Black)

Serves 4
2 garlic scapes, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1. In a chopper or food processor, pulse garlic scapes until chopped finely.  Add cayenne pepper, ginger, and cilantro leaves.  Pulse again, in short bursts, until cilantro is chopped.  Use a small spatula to clean sides and bottom of bowl.  Add honey, lime juice, olive oil, salt,and pepper.  Pulse just until combined.
2. Place chicken breasts in gallon plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag, and massage until marinade evenly covers chicken.
3. Allow chicken to sit, refrigerated, in marinade for 8-12 hours.
4. Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment