Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introduction to CSA 2010

I am a bit late posting on Week 1, but I will attempt to catch you up.  First, a note about the structure here.

Since I receive one CSA box a week (for the record, on Fridays), I plan to update on Fridays with what the box contains.  As I make meals out of the produce I receive, then,  I will post pictures and recipes.  The posts with meal pictures and recipes will be labeled with whatever I used from the CSA box.  The idea is that if you have a bunch of, say, tatsoi but have no idea what to do with it, you can find it in the labels and bring up the meal I made with tatsoi.

For the record, my mom also keeps an organic garden which she overplanted this year, so her stuff might appear on here as well.  My parents live on land that has wild black raspberries and gooseberries, as well as cultivated blueberries, so a lot of pictures and recipes for these objects might appear on here as well.  Consider yourself warned, the black raspberry images might be overwhelming; last year we picked 14 gallons of the little buggers.

I also love love love baking and making up baking recipes, so those might be thrown in.  Those will be labeled with something like baking: cookies and also be searchable.  I sometimes like to make cupcakes based on cocktails as well, which will be labeled with the term Drunken Cupcakes.

Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?  OK, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment